Artwork by Dustin Yellin
“I coulda been a contender.” 🙂
Define “power pack”, Justa – It’s not a euphemism is it? 😉
Oh, v v well done, Xen. 🙂 x
Damn you, you, you, you…Scottish personage, you!
Ah, well that makes sense then 51, the recipe was for Cullen Skink.
observation, isn’t it funny how so many of our meals have set side dishes that are always served with them?
Cattle prod, 51.
Oh, that’s a soup, nominally, I have a tin of it in the cupboard, v expensive for a canned soup, almost £3 (many soups are under £1) but it is v v good, a complete meal, more a stew than a soup I suppose. Smoked haddock and potatoes in a v rich, creamy but not overpowering sauce.
Yep, Inty, I tried my kids with pitta bread or jacket potatoes with chilli, they weren’t having that, they wanted rice, I’m not keen on rice. So, they got their rice, I dunked pittas. Don’t think Mum would eat a pitta, she’d certainly not eat the chilli and I make a fine chilli, I’ve even been known to make 2 separate chillies, one which was mostly heated with cumin and v little chilli and one for the more adventurous. Oh, and the veggie one when daughter went veggie, so that’s 3 but not all together. All had huggings of cheese on top, though.
“Chilli today, hot tamale”
hahahahaha, get it?
that’s what we call ‘a groaner’ around here
Moving on, Inty …. 😉
My Mum, kids and cousin will not eat “beans on toast”, which is a “thing”, right? but they will eat beans and toast so long as they are separate but still constitute one meal. And daughter and cousin, eggs, chips and beans, fine, lovely meal. So long as the chips provide a barrier between the egg and the beans. So, their beans can touch chips but not toast. What is wrong with these people?
You should have tried building up with a small amount of rice and potato wedges or skins, 51. And using pitta bread more conventionally (?) to get them used to using it.
Beans should never be allowed to contaminate eggs, though.
I don’t mind if the ketchup gets on my eggs, hash browns or bacon, but I do not like the ketchup to touch my toast, unless there’s an egg on top of it and then it’s ok 🙂
I know, I know, weirdo, hahahaha
Tried that (sort of) via chicken fajitas, Justa. They wanted the same amount of rice even though they were stuffing fajitas with it. It was only me trying to avoid rice. Not keen on fajitas either but I wanted them to have a rounded food knowledge, this was 10 or more years ago. I’d put the chicken chilli filling (cos that’s what it is) into a toasted pitta for me. Maybe I am over-keen on pittas.
Oh, egg white, beans and HP in one mouthful, heaven! 😉
Ketchup on a breakfast/brunch, Inty? Noooooo!
It has to be HP. But there also has to be tomatoes, don’t mind if canned or fresh and grilled but not ketchuped.
Gawd, fiddy! Minimal rice available so they get used to the flavour and textures. Then no rice.
Or, as we were brought up, the eat or go hungry approach.
There were a few problems (I still can’t eat fat unless it’s crispy), but was lucky that they loved their food and were open minded (for the time). Until the booze kicked in, of course.
Ketchup is allowed. Tinned toms are not.
Tinned toms but minimal juicage, I had small containers I could pour it into (or I drank it). 🙂
I’d had the “eat or go hungry” approach, Justa, I wasn’t doing that to mine but nor was I giving them chips every night, whereas our first question to Mum was “what we having with chips tonight?” Obvs, cos I don’t like rice I didn’t give it them v often but some dishes call for it and I wanted them to be a bit used to anything they might come across. I even made a risotto once. I didn’t eat any of it. 😉
Chips! Chips!! When I were a lass…
We had to clear or come close to clearing our plates. I didn’t like chewy fat (it’s good for you!), so would hide it in my mouth and ask to be excused then flush it down the bog.
The folks eventually figured that and kept me at the table until I swallowed. Or snuck it to the dog when they weren’t looking…
It was one of the things OG apologised for.
The good thing about them and food is that they would try things others wouldn’t, so we would, too. And they taught us how to cook.
Not read back but looked sat pics: Wot a lot of funky shoeage!
Oh that’s awful, Justa, was always allowed to not eat if I didn’t like it and have a bit bigger bit of something else and my big bro would always eat everything anyone else left (and stay skinny, like my son). I’m the same with fat, was known my father’s father was so he got that and by the time he left I was making dinner for the family at least half the time anyway so did things I liked with fewer chips (I was a bit scared of the chip pan, truth be told). x
Sleeps, James has the most amazing boots waiting in the wings, we’ll not know what we did without them, and their trolley. 😉 Nn lovely.
Who needs path clearage when we have james’ boots?
Right, it’s a bit late now, I was watching a film, innit. Now I see I’ve forgotten to do the patent. Quick, someone will pinch the idea !
Title: “Shoe based un-slipper device”
Authors: FiftyOne, James, and, hell, the whole CIFUnderground, but especially the ones on today going on about heated shoes:
– The present device relates to not falling over on black ice when having shoes on which may be one, two, or any number of shoes.
– Shoes are useful to keeep feet protected from hard ground or material thereon and in particular from freezing cold or material thereon. Shoes are made of material which may be hard or soft. Un-slipper devices can be placed under, about, or around such a shoe to increase adhesion to the hard ground or material thereon. It may also keep the feet toasty and warm.
– According to one aspect of this invention, there is provided a shoe or shoes, and a emitter of heat is fastened to the shoe to transmit heat downwards radiatively or vibrationally.
– According to one aspect of this invention the heat emitting element is powered by a power supply on a trolley.
– According to one aspect of this invention the trolley providing the power via a standalone power supply is a rigid structure on wheels and is such a design and geometry and dimension as to provide support to the person wearing the shoes.
– According to another aspect of this invention, the power may be switched on and off. It will generally be switched on when there is ice and snow on the ground or materials thereon, but the invention is not limited to this usage, and the power may be switched on at any temperature and level of humidity.
– According to another aspect of this invension, the emitter of heat may be used for any application that occurs to the wearer, such as starting fires, cooking food, baking bread, or drying organic or inorganic materials.
– Figures 1 to 23 and figures 3a and 4c to 5e are presented in an imaginary sense to define the invention.
– A emiter of heat (“the unslipper”) strapped to a shoe or shoes such as to allow downwards emission of heat for the removal of material reducing adhesion (“ice”or “snow”) or other applications, and may keep feet toasty.
– Straps or other fixtures, organic or inorganic, to keep said unslipper firmly fixed to the shoe or shoes.
– A rigid trolley capable of supporting a powr supply of dimensions designed to act as a support or aid to the wearer of the shoe or shoes.
– A power supply capable of providing sufficient power to the unslipper for the functions for which it is designed.
– A means of transmitting power from the power supply to the unslipper.
– A means of turning the power on or off independently of need, and for a range of applications beyond and yet including the application of increasing adhesion to the ground or materials thereon.
If nobody reads this today I’ll repost tomorrow and risk spam-gnomes ire 🙂
It’ll give me a chance to revise some of the technical askpects.
Mate, even I wouldn’t bake bread on my soles. Not every dog owner cleans up.
Oh, I like “un-slipper”, James. Not only because it will stop people slipping but also, it is definitely not a slipper which is a foot cover worn in the house. This is really best not worn in the house so the name will remind its users that they really don’t want to melt/ignite their carpet/floor covering. Please, take first credit and feel free to unread this so that you can re-post tomorrow. 😉
Oh ! You’re till about ! I assumed everyone was asleep.
Justy, I may have to amend that patent to remove the unhygienic cooking references 🙂
Fifty, I like “unslipperer” too (whether hyphenated or no). We won’t be rich, instead, we’ll be benefactors of all people in freezing climates with cold feet teetering and falling over on treacherous filthy black ice !
That’s the ticket. I hope you don’t mind my putting the whole underground (or at least those going on about shoes) on as beneficiaries. It’s my anarchist side you know 🙂
Just don’t put your Trax on over the shoes, james. It might make for messy rubber meltage!
James, I am a sharer. 🙂
Right, friends, it’s time to sleep ! Read, and doze off I reckon. Tomorrow morning: Swim !
Then, some work, just a tad, then party, whether there be parties, or no 🙂
G’night all. Fuzzy brainage here.
Enough fun had playing on the same thread as our james.
Take care all you luvverly chundies.
Nn too, all. x 🙂 x
Blog at WordPress.com.